[cfe-dev] Compiler position available in Bangalore
Swetha Kotha via cfe-dev
cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 12 21:35:08 PDT 2016
Below is the Exciting opportunity available with juniper, Please share your profiles if interested.
Compiler Architect - Staff/Sr Staff Engineer
An opportunity to affect a massive shift in the way a large Engg community designs Software does not come every day. We are moving to Clang compiler tool and are looking for an Architect - the first for the Compiler team in Bangalore. While this is not a people management role, under his/her guidance, the team will be tasked to develop compilers and compiler tools working flawlessly in the Juniper environment to enable the entire Juniper development team to move into the next orbit.
In this role, one will have to make judgement calls for the team on complex problems, shape the roadmap and give solid technical guidance. This is also a great opportunity to be a beacon for entire global compiler team based on the ability to establish credentials in the senior technologists group.
* Compiler Tools Team customizes open source Compiler Toolchain for JunOS (Juniper OS). The toolchain includes the compilers, coverage and profiling tools, debuggers and dynamic memory analysis tools.
* With Juniper exploring the option of low cost CPE devices which is only possible with modern chipsets specially ARM (> v7), there is a need for most modern compiler toolchains distributed under tolerant licenses.
* Juniper is moving towards using Clang compiler toolchain from LLVM. This provides an opportunity to work on latest chipsets, new C coding standards (C11, C++11/14), most recent debugging formats and Open source software.
* Clang has always been designed as a platform for experimentation, allowing programmers to easily extend the compiler to support great new language features and tools. At some point, the authors of these extensions may propose that the extensions become a part of Clang itself, to benefit the whole Clang community, thus contributing back to Open source.
The Architect position requirs the applicant to possess the following skills:
* Professional with over 15 years of experience in compilers and tools, specializing in the GNU & LLVM tool chain on X86, ARM and PowerPC platforms
* Strong algorithms and data structures knowledge in C and C++
* Expert level knowledge of Compilers (GCC, Clang), Debuggers (gdb, lldb), profilers (gcov, gprof), memory analysis tools like Valgrind and Clang Sanitizers, Binutils and DejaGNU
* System level knowledge on FreeBSD (>9) and Linux(Ubuntu) OS
* Good understanding of Build Makefiles, compiler flags and optimizations
* Basic knowledge on scripting (python, shell) and testing (remote testing framework)
* Hands on with SVN and GIT SCM systems
* Good knowledge of interdependencies between the build system, compiler toolchain and the FreeBSD kernel libraries
* Acquainted with work of Free Software and Open source Communities
kSwetha at juniper.net<mailto:kSwetha at juniper.net>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the cfe-dev