[cfe-dev] [RFC] Reliable compiler specification setting (at least include/lib dirs) through the process environment

Will Dietz via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 27 10:11:59 PDT 2016

Yes! I'm very interested in this as well!

One piece of information to add: it might be worth investigating something
more general like the configuration files used by ELLCC in controlling
their cross-compilers.

This was somewhat recently discussed here:

http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2015-July/087907.html

And looks like the most recent description of it is here:

http://ellcc.org/blog/?p=13246

This would be rather useful in Nix for creating cross-compilers as well.

AFAIK this isn't immediately suited to your needs but I think that it's the
right direction to go
and it'd be ideal to support both use-cases if we are talking about
upstream support.

~Will