[cfe-dev] Specify used regex syntax in clang-format documentation

via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Nov 27 20:04:27 PST 2016

Hi,
I was writing a configuration file for clang-format, especially regexes
for the IncludeCategories option and I was trying to use character
classes like \w which failed.

In the documentation there is no mention of the regex syntax used and I
had to look into the source code for llvm::Regex to find out it is using
Posix ERE.
It would be nice to have a note in the documentation which mentions that
Posix ERE is used.

The bugtracker is closed for new users so I hope someone from this list
could file a bug against the documentation.

--
André