[cfe-dev] Executing multiple FrontendActions on a CompilerInstance

via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 21 10:48:37 PST 2016

I came to learn that somehow, without any extra setup, only one
FrontendAction can be executed on a CompilerInstance. See my question
here [1] on stackoverflow for the details. What I'd like to know is: is
it possible to run more than one FrontendAction on a CompilerInstance
and if so, how? If not, why is this not possible?

Note that the second time a FrontendAction is run, an assert failure
occurs somewhere in SourceManager and/or FileManager regarding FileIDs
or something. This makes me think that I need to reset some state
somewhere in SourceManager or FileManager attached to the
CompilerInstance, but I am not a clang developer so I wouldn't know
right away what the correct course of action is.