[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] RFC: Consider changing the semantics of 'fast' flag implying all fast-math-flags

Sanjay Patel via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Nov 17 09:00:25 PST 2016

If we take this argument to its end: any one of those relaxed FP settings
*guarantees* that we cannot ensure that the result will be the same between
two versions of clang. Therefore, we can no-op all of them, and greatly
simplify the optimizer.

I know that's not what you're advocating, but the suggestion that we remove
'arcp' is the first step on that path. We can't do that. We must make a
good faith effort to support these flags.