[cfe-dev] c++ question: can lambda be used in VLA?

Richard Smith via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 31 17:15:46 PDT 2016

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 3:58 PM, Duncan P. N. Exon Smith via cfe-dev <
cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> > On 2016-May-25, at 16:41, Hal Finkel via cfe-dev <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org>
> wrote:
> >

> > From: "James Dennett via cfe-dev" <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org>

This isn't quite that simple... We do not have a C++ language extension for
VLAs that can be turned on and off in the way you seem to expect. What we
have is an extension warning that can be disabled or turned into an error.
Following our usual philosophy for warning flags, it's not reasonable for
-Wno-vla to affect how we parse an array bound.