[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] GitHub anyone?

Renato Golin via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 31 13:31:33 PDT 2016

On 31 May 2016 at 21:28, Mehdi Amini <mehdi.amini at apple.com> wrote:
> Ideally, I'd prefer the cross-repository to be handled with an extra layer, in a way similar as described in: https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/user-submodules.htm (somehow conceptually similar to Android manifests XML files).
> It would be easy to have tooling/scripts for llvm that would easily say "checkout llvm+clang+compiler-rt+libcxx+clang-extra here", or "update all llvm subproject under this root", or "checkout this specific revision for all these" (with a monotonic number for the revision).

At Linaro, we already have a set of scripts that do that. We're now
moving to git worktree, and I think it's going to simplify our work
considerably. But honestly, I'd rather not force anyone to use any set
of scripts, and let people work directly with git, so I'd be more in
favour of having a server-side solution, if at all possible.

cheers,
--renato