[cfe-dev] RFC: [MSVC] Late parsing of in-class defined member functions in template classes after instantiation for better compatibility.

Andrey Bokhanko via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 26 02:40:32 PDT 2016

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 8:35 PM, Reid Kleckner via cfe-dev <
cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> I think now that Microsoft has started shipping clang as an option in
> Visual Studio, future version of these headers are likely to get
> cleaner, and eventually I'd like to turn off
> -fdelayed-template-parsing by default.

Reid, don't hold your breath...

https://www.reddit.com/r/cpp/comments/3uw0d0/visual_studio_update_1_rtm_the_visual_studio_blog/cxie9a5

(though maybe this changed since and MS compiler engineers can clarify
current standing)

Yours,
Andrey
=====