[cfe-dev] LLVMLinux

Alexey Sidorin via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 25 12:39:16 PDT 2016

Hello Andrew,

core.StackAddressEscape - I think this checker should work for kernel well.
core.builtin.NoReturnFunctions - this service checker should decrease
the amount of FPs reported due to analyzing of unreachable paths. It may
need some tuning for kernel (adding kernel no-return functions). I vote
for enabling it.
For unix.Malloc checker we should add the support for kernel memory
allocation functions like kmalloc/kfree. The same for PthreadLock and
CString*. When it's done, they may be also enabled.
alpha.security.taint.TaintPropagation may help other checkers to find
taint-related issues. I think it should be enabled.