[cfe-dev] [libcxx] [libcxxabi] Improve cmake scripts

Lei Zhang via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 25 05:40:26 PDT 2016

> Just to be clear, you are building libcxx/libcxxabi and libunwind
> out-of-tree right? I normally do in-tree builds and don't see any of these
> problems on Linux.

Yes, I'm building them out of tree.

> I think it would be easiest if you raise defects (see for example [1,2])
> and attach your patches there.

Thanks for the pointer! Will do.

> I agree that we should improve the build scripts to make them work
> out-of-the-box.

Actually besides those mentioned, I also noticed some other suspicious
settings in the cmake scripts; I'm just too lazy to investigate them all...
It would be great if some insider could overhaul the scripts thus making
the building experience even smoother :)

BTW, the tutorials on the official pages could be improved, too.

Lei