[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] RFC: Up front type information generation in clang and llvm

Aboud, Amjad via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 31 15:44:15 PDT 2016

Hi Mehdi,
I understand the reasoning for supporting this proposal independently from CodeView support.
However, I do not think that it is needed for supporting CodeView.

When I say that my suggestion is more clean, I was pointing to CodeView support, assuming the changes in LLVM IR/Clang FE indicated in this proposal.
Also, it is not that clear from the proposal what will be shared (generic) between Dwarf and CodeView and what will be specific.

Regards,
Amjad