[cfe-dev] Visual Studio visualizer improvements for Clang

Michael Spertus via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 16 08:04:06 PDT 2016

Chandler suggested that I socialize the improvements that I have been making to Clang data structure visualizations in Visual Studio. For example, these changes replace the traditional incomprehensible Locals/Watch display of a TemplateArgumentLoc

[cid:image001.png at 01D17F67.DF4057B0]

Now it clearly displays that it is a Type Template Parameter where T has been replaced by struct A.
[cid:image002.png at 01D17F69.FE944AC0]

I only have a small portion of the Clang data types done so far, but it is already really helping me keep track of what is going on while debugging Clang (It's also been an excellent way for me to learn Clang data structures :) ). I will be continuing to add further visualizations over the next few weeks and ongoing.

I hope these prove helpful to the community,

Mike