[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] Git Move: GitHub+modules proposal

Renato Golin via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 29 11:54:38 PDT 2016

On 29 June 2016 at 15:11, David Chisnall <David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Will existing clones from the LLVM git mirror and / or llvm-mirror on GitHub continue to work by simply switching the remote in the config?

I hope so. There isn't anything (modulo mistakes) stopping us from
having a clean migration.

We'll have to re-organise the GitHub mirrors, though, as Takumi has
mostly driven out of his own account, and it'll have to be owned by
"The LLVM Project" somehow.

Mehdi suggested us to flip the mirror (from GitHub to LLVM Git to
SVN), as soon as we mark them read-only, and then open RW only in
GitHub.

We don't want to use GitHub's "pull requests" for every patch, so
we'll have to add push rights to all committers today.

Meaning, you can just change the remote to the official GitHub repo
and get rid of Git-SVN.

cheers,
--renato