[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] Git Move: GitHub+modules proposal

Renato Golin via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jun 28 16:46:35 PDT 2016

On 28 June 2016 at 16:46, Mehdi Amini <mehdi.amini at apple.com> wrote:
> Why? Assuming we don’t have branches, there was many mention that the id can be computed from the number of commits in the history.

We have branches (release_nm) and we may want them to be in the same
sequential numbering.

So, I'm assuming this hook gets executed every time a new commit
arrives, but they're sub-modules, would they also notify the parents?

If this works in a trigger mode (every commit), not a timed basis
(every 5 minutes), then it could work well.

cheers,
--renato