[cfe-dev] using clang driver to generate executable for different subtargets

Pankaj Gode via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Jun 25 02:50:48 PDT 2016

Hi All,
While using clang driver to create binary for aarch64 subtarget, do we need to give any other flag apart from '--target=aarch64-linux-gnu -mcpu=<> -mtune=<>' for using a AArch64's subtarget scheduling model?I see same executable (in size & contents) generated for subtargets of aarch64 such as cortex-a57, exynos-m1 & kryo even after replacing the cpu names. Should I include some other flag ?
clang++ --target=aarch64-linux-gnu -mcpu=exynos-m1 -mtune=exynos-m1 way_mkbound.cpp  -o my.out
With Regards,Pankaj