[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] clang++ build from source is not able to find C++ headers

Cristianno Martins via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 23 11:15:09 PDT 2016

Hi Vivek,

you can also include these lines below to your ~/.bash_profile:

LLVM_BUILD="/Developer/llvm/build" # Path to your build directory

alias new-clang="$LLVM_BUILD/bin/clang -Wno-expansion-to-defined
-I/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.11.sdk/usr/include"
alias new-clang++="$LLVM_BUILD/bin/clang++ -Wno-expansion-to-defined
-I/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.11.sdk/usr/include/c++"

where you only need to set LLVM_BUILD to where in you system you built
llvm/clang.

After that, invoke "source ~/.bash_profile" on the current terminal, or
simply open a new terminal, and you'll be able to use new-clang and
new-clang++, instead of clang and clang++, to invoke your newest compiled
binary.

--
Cristianno Martins
PhD Student of Computer Science