[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] [llvm-foundation] IMPORTANT: APT repo temporary switched off

Dan Liew via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 1 16:56:50 PDT 2016

On 1 June 2016 at 12:54, Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre at debian.org> wrote:
> Le 01/06/2016 à 20:28, Renato Golin a écrit :
>> On 1 June 2016 at 19:20, Dan Liew <dan at su-root.co.uk> wrote:
>>> It seems there is already a repo for OpenSUSE [2]. We could try to
>>> incorporate support for other distros there are make our own given
>>> that we actually want to support multiple LLVM versions too.
>> Looks like they're all 3.8.0 based...
>>

>>> If you want I could try to hack together a proof of concept using the
>>> existing Debian packaging files targeting one particular LLVM version.
>> If you don't mind, I really have no idea how to do that. :)
>>
> Guys, you are jumping on the gun.
> There is no need to migrate to PPA or build.o.o.
> llvm.org/apt was providing the mirror, not the build infra.
> Changing the URL of the mirror is trivial, changing the build infra is a
> complex work.

Sorry to jump the gun. I brought up OBS because someone mentioned PPAs
and I think PPAs in their current form are terrible.

Right now finding new hosting for the mirror seems like the most
important thing. Maybe the LLVM foundation should weigh in here?
Presumably there are funds set aside for something like this? Having
packages for different LLVM versions is incredibly useful and I think
help should be made available to you for hosting should you need it.

Dan.