[cfe-dev] [Openmp-dev] [llvm-dev] RFC: Proposing an LLVM subproject for parallelism runtime and support libraries

C Bergström via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 1 14:25:30 PDT 2016

ignorable tangent -

compiler-rt conforms to a defacto standard since it models after
libgcc interface, no? compiler-rt is also dead boring and stable (good
things) (well.. asan keeps them busy, but that doesn't impact the
interface..)

OMP runtime - huh? There's obviously an implementation wrapper around
pthreads for the compiler to chew on, but the exported/user facing
portions certainly do or should conform to the OMP standard.
Everything that is user facing is well defined and the whole process
from TR to finalization is established...