[cfe-dev] buildbot failure in LLVM on clang-x64-ninja-win7

Robinson, Paul via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 27 11:49:40 PDT 2016

We put up a new internal Windows bot on Monday, and it has been suffering
a lot of transient failures in Modules and PCH.  On the other hand,
llvm-clang-lld-x86_64-scei-ps4-windows10pro-fast has not been seeing these
(so far as I've noticed) so I wonder if there's some environmental thing
going on.  I had been going on the assumption that there was an internal
problematic patch, but if folks upstream are also seeing flakiness in these
tests then maybe something else is at the root of it.

Our new bot is using 32 threads; are these tests unusually susceptible
to problems with parallel execution?

FTR the list of tests I've seen with this behavior:

Modules/fmodules-validate-once-per-build-session.c	3
Modules/no-stale-modtime.m		13
Modules/Rmodule-build.m			3
Modules/validate-system-headers.m	3
PCH/headersearch.cpp			3