[cfe-dev] crtbegin.o and crtend.o replacements

Armin K. via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 20 09:57:37 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I'm trying to build clang and use it as a main compiler. I've ran into
a problem, however.

I can easily drop libgcc* requirement by using llvm's libunwind, as it
seems to be good enough, libgomp with llvm's openmp runtime, as well as
libstdc++ by using libc++/libc++abi.

However, the two files that I can't find a suitable replacement for are
the ones mentioned in the title. On my system, those two are provided by
gcc itself.

Is there any replacement for those files, so they can be used in combination
with glibc and GNU binutils?

I have found some [1], but they are for x86_64, and I'd welcome such files
for more architectures, namely armv7, armv8, x86_32, etc.

[1] http://wiki.musl-libc.org/wiki/BuildingLLVM