[cfe-dev] Avoid/reduce re-compilations of source files for multiple passes

Himanshu via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 14 13:38:31 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I run a front end action using the ClangTool::run( ... ) API on a C
codebase. The action starts with a given functionof interest, and within it
finds more functions of interest, and visits those. Thus, I make multiple
passes over the code-base. Hence, the outline of my approach is:

Create ClangTool tool
// set some initial target function, and then execute the loop:

while(new target functions found) {
           tool.run (front-end-action that visits functions )
}

The tool seems to execute the compile commands for each pass, even though
the compilation units don't change. Is there a way to avoid this
re-compilation of the same files? Or is there a better way of doing what I
am trying to do?

Thanks!
--
Himanshu