[cfe-dev] [libcxx][filesystem] Test for last_write_time

Hahnfeld, Jonas via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 13 00:23:22 PDT 2016

Dear all,

I'm currently experiencing some issues with
test/std/experimental/filesystem/fs.op.funcs/fs.op.last_write_time/last_writ
e_time.pass.cpp, with the test cases set_last_write_time_dynamic_env_test,
test_write_min_time and test_write_min_max_time to be more specific.
They try to set negative timestamps (before 1970), file_time_type::min() and
file_time_type::max(). My NFS setup doesn't like that and therefore fails
these tests. XFS works but I think ext4 also has limitations on its
timestamps. I wonder if it's a good idea to have tests that rely on
filesystem behavior that is not guaranteed...

Regards,
Jonas

--
Jonas Hahnfeld, MATSE-Auszubildender

IT Center
Group: High Performance Computing
Division: Computational Science and Engineering
RWTH Aachen University
Seffenter Weg 23
D 52074  Aachen (Germany)
Hahnfeld at itc.rwth-aachen.de