[cfe-dev] Two pass analysis framework: AST merging approach

Aleksei Sidorin via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 12 06:14:32 PDT 2016

Hello Gabor!
> I do not have much experience with distributed storage systems, but I think
> that should work. The only problem might be the size of the individual AST
> dumps.
We are going to check an idea for reducing a size: we can compress AST
dumps  while collecting them (it makes them nearly twice smaller) and
uncompress them in runtime. Moreover, reading a smaller file and
uncompressing it may be even faster than reading a big file from disk.

--
Best regards,
Aleksei Sidorin