[cfe-dev] Clang should natively support fortran

Ed Maste via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jul 8 16:57:48 PDT 2016

On 7 July 2016 at 04:18, Yuri <yuri at rawbw.com> wrote:

> Ed, if libunwind is used on all architectures will this also automatically
> solve the OP with fortran? I think /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 provides some other
> interfaces besides libunwind, I am not sure if they are used by the
> clang-compiled executables.

Hi Yuri, sorry it seems I don't have the original email so I'm missing
some context and am not sure of the original question. In general
though, libgcc_s.so also provides the run-time compiler support (for
higher-precision math routines, etc.), and compiler-rt provides
ABI-equivalent implementations. The only potential problem I'm aware
of is that the build infrastructure to control which are included on a
given architecture is a bit fiddly and some could be accidentally
missing.