[cfe-dev] Requesting Help Understanding ASTs and LibTooling

Aryal, Saurav via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jul 8 11:45:59 PDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I am just starting out with Clang and working for a project where I am
trying to generate and compare ASTs to measure code similarity.

I figured around a way using Clang to get the AST, but it turns out I am
expected to use Libtooling. Anyone have an example where I can parse C++
code to generate an AST using Libtooling. Also, would love design
suggestions regarding comparing tree similarity. any examples with
explanations would be really helpful.

Thanking you.

Sincerely,
Saurav