[cfe-dev] [lldb-dev] [llvm-dev] Sequential ID Git hook

Tom Honermann via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Jul 2 11:37:48 PDT 2016

On 7/1/2016 8:29 PM, NAKAMURA Takumi wrote:
> Thousands of tags would cause problems, even with packed-refs.
> For example, both git-fetch and git-push queries thousands of local tag
> to remote.

Can you qualify these statements with some data?  Preferably a script
that can demonstrate scaling issues?  As I mentioned previously, we're
at ~50k tags and, as far as I can tell, we aren't experiencing any
problems associated with them.

> I was playing with 200k of tags. ;) I wish git had "thin tag", not to
> affect to remotes.

You can opt out of pulling tags by passing '--no-tags' to git pull/fetch
or by configuring 'remote.<name>.tagopt' via git config.

Tom.