[cfe-dev] Proposal: Enable BUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON by default for debug build.

David Blaikie via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 28 15:49:43 PST 2016

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 3:06 PM, Jonathan Roelofs <jonathan at codesourcery.com
> wrote:

> On 1/28/16 4:00 PM, Yin Ma via cfe-dev wrote:
>
>> Hi David,
>>
>> I assume you have a powerful machine. Our drive space is on network
>> mounted
>>
>> machined by IT department. The machine is default Ubuntu setup with 8
>> cores.
>>

> It helps a lot to build on a non-NFS scratch disk.  Is your /tmp network
> mounted too? If not, I'd suggest building there.

Yeah, building on a network attached storage would be pretty painful, I
imagine.

You can of course use a shared build yourself, it may be better for your
use/scenarios of course - I'm just pointing out that there's lots of us for
which it isn't the best option, enough so that I wouldn't be confident
about changing the default.