[cfe-dev] Unable to compile CUDA with clang++

Prateek Khandelwal via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 28 01:25:57 PST 2016

Hello All,

I was following the steps mentioned at

http : // llvm.org/docs/CompileCudaWithLLVM.html

for compiling a cuda code with clang++, however, I the compilation is
not going through and clang++ throws up an error saying it cannot find
'fstream', which happens to be a standard library.

I tried compiling a dummy cpp code with clang including the same
library, and this compilation passes smoothly.

I have posted a detailed query about the same on stackoverflow too,(
https: //
stackoverflow.com/questions/35057116/unable-to-locate-standard-c-libraries-while-compiling-with-clang-and-cuda-sd)

Any pointers would help.

Regards,
Prateek Khandelwal