[cfe-dev] [3.8 Release] RC1 has been tagged

Hans Wennborg via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 19 15:47:51 PST 2016

Dear testers,

Start your engines; 3.8.0-rc1 was just tagged from the 3.8 branch at
r258223. (It took a little longer than I'd planned, sorry about that.)

There are still a bunch of open merge requests and bug reports, but I
wanted to get the tag in so we can see what the build and test status
are on the various platforms.

I verified that it currently builds and tests cleanly for me on x86_64
Linux, Mac OS X* and Windows.

Please build, test, and upload binaries to the sftp. Let me know if how it goes.

Thanks,
Hans

[*] For Mac, I had to set CFLAGS="-isysroot `xcrun -show-sdk-path`"
CXXFLAGS="-isysroot `xcrun -show-sdk-path`" for the build to work,
otherwise stage-2 Clang couldn't find the SDK. I don't remember if I
had to do this last time; maybe some upgrade changed something.