[cfe-dev] Open Clang Project : Document Generation tool with Clang

Barbara Geller via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 14 10:08:43 PST 2016

vivek pandya via cfe-dev <cfe-dev at ...> writes:

> Hello,
> I have read about this open project on clang open project page.
> What would be the advantage of using clang libs to implement doxygen like
> tool ? I mean is there any use-case that are not implemented in doxygen but
> with clang it can be implemented. Could some one explain this in a bit
detail ?
> I am currently experimenting with libClang to generate documents from
> Objective-C (via comments like doxygen ) but my hunch is that generating
> docs for C++ would be more difficult.
> Sincerely,
>

> Vivek Pandya
> P.S : I would like to apply for this project in GSoC 2016. How important
> is it for clang community.

We are currently in the process of integrating libclang with DoxyPress for
C++ parsing in lieu of the current lex based parser. We are very interested
in having other developers participate in this process.

If you or anyone else would like to work with us directly or through GSoC
2016 we would be very interested.

Barbara
DoxyPress Co-founder