[cfe-dev] LibTooling for parsing C++ that uses unknown attributes

Robert W. Johnstone via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 5 12:26:17 PST 2016

Hello,

I'm starting an experimental project to generate code to marshal and
unmarshal C++ data.  The goal would be a tool that would parse the header
files, and then write the necessary methods.  I started an implementation
using LibTooling, but found that the custom attributes would not
available.  Going back to the documentation, this appears to be the correct
behaviour.

Before I decide that I need a fork of libclang, is there a way to add
attributes to the compiler when using LibTooling, or to request that
unknown attributes are kept and present in the AST?

Thank-you,

Robert

Robert W. Johnstone
In practice, there is.