[cfe-dev] [RFC][OpenMP][CUDA] Unified Offloading Support in Clang Driver

Dmitry Polukhin via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Feb 25 03:34:44 PST 2016

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 3:01 AM, Samuel F Antao via cfe-dev <
cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> OpenMP (Host IR has to be read by the device to determine which
> declarations have to be emitted and the device binary is embedded in the
> host binary at link phase through a proper linker script):
>
> Src -> Host PP -> A
>
> A    -> HostCompile -> B
>
> A,B -> DeviceCompile -> C

I think even for some OpenMP targets it might be better to allow using
device PP (and corresponding headers) due to target specific macro. For
example, some function may have target specific version and host version
with #ifdef's on CPU type that allows to have completely different
implementation on host and on target.

> C    -> DeviceAssembler -> D
>
> E    -> DeviceLinker -> F

I suspect that you meant D instead of E here, isn't it?