[cfe-dev] clang-cl error on building simple cpp with only windows.h + boost-mutex included

Nico Weber via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Feb 11 07:32:04 PST 2016

We regularly build Chromium with clang-cl. I believe Mozilla regularly
builds Firefox, and from patches going through this list it looks like the
Qt folks are working on getting Qt to build with clang-cl. clang-cl tries
to be very compatible with cl.exe, but for larger projects some tweaks in
the project itself is usually needed. If nobody at boost is looking at
this, chances are it won't work. (See e.g. slide 88 of
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1oxNHaVjA9Gn_rTzX6HIpJHP7nXRua_0URXxxJ3oYRq0/edit#slide=id.gbf386ccf4_0_150
)