[cfe-dev] Idea for better invoking static analysis via command line

David Blaikie via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 2 08:23:51 PST 2016

Another possible (not mutually exclusive) extension point to add static
analysis into would be through the Tooling interface and compilation
databases - this would allow just the analysis to be run, without making it
part of a build (no one would make static analysis part of an interactive
build, it's too slow, right? the only reason it was integrated into the
build with scan-build was because it was the best way to discover the build
commands - but the Tooling/Compilation Database system allows us to
separate build discovery from tool execution)