[cfe-dev] Fiddling the Rewriter tests (anyone still care about Objective-C/C++?)

Robinson, Paul via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 7 18:24:32 PST 2016

Privately, we set the default C++ dialect to C++11.  This causes all
kinds of fun with the Clang tests, and Charles Li has been doing a lot
of work to make the tests able to tolerate C++11.  I'm helping out a
little bit.

Specifically I'm looking at the Rewriter tests.  It looks like these
take Objective-C/C++ input, generate a non-Objective equivalent, and
then compile the resulting C++ to make sure it's clean.  There are
32 tests that fail in the "compile the resulting C++" stage, when we
set the default dialect to C++11.

I'm guessing that Objective-C/C++ is kind of passe, so nobody is really
interested in modernizing it (or the C++ that the rewriter produces).
Therefore I'm proposing to simply add '-std=gnu++98' to the failing tests,
and be done with it.

Anybody mind if I do this?
Thanks,
--paulr