[cfe-dev] ARM procedure calls (sorry)

Sam Parker via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 22 05:13:36 PDT 2016

Well the code I was looking at was making assumptions about what the backend will decide about procedure calls, so why not ask the backend? I haven't looked at the target classes in Clang in a long time, but just having a quick look now there still appears to be duplication with LLVM's target machine and subtargets, at least for ARM anyway. For instance, the triple is used for ABI and data layout calculations and there's no end of flags for features. I guess I must be missing something, but it just seems odd and harder to maintain having two descriptions of the targets.

cheers,

sam

Sam Parker

Software Engineer, Compilation Tools