[cfe-dev] VS2013 <atomic> not parsing

Reid Kleckner via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 19 08:09:57 PDT 2016

We need to come up with a solution that allows syntax-only tools that don't
link in any LLVM backends to semantically analyze files with MS inline asm.

For a semantic tool, encountering opaque inline asm is probably only worthy
of a warning, since skipping inline asm semantic analysis should only lead
to a few false positives. In this case, we're in a system header and they
will probably be suppressed. For a tool that generates IR, unparseable
inline asm should definitely be an error.

I'm not exactly sure how to rig up the severity level modification, though.