[cfe-dev] Job Announcement: Swift Frontend Compiler Engineer at Apple
Douglas Gregor via cfe-dev
cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 16 20:33:01 PDT 2016
The Apple Swift frontend compiler team is seeking an exceptional compiler engineer who is passionate about great language design.
In this position, you will participate in shaping the future of the Swift language and be a key participant of the swift.org project. You will be involved in all aspects of taking a language feature from concept to implementation. As part of the Apple Swift team, you need to have an understanding and appreciation for what it takes to ship a quality compiler as well as a keen interest in interacting with and supporting our large and diverse user base.
This position is based onsite at Apple's main campus in Cupertino, California.
Ideal candidates will have skills in the following areas:
• Diverse exposure to different programming languages.
• Strong C++ coding skills.
• Familiarity with the overall design of compilers including semantic analysis and type checking.
• Experience working with a large and complex software stack.
• Previous experience working on compilers strongly preferred.
• Familiarity with LLVM or Clang a plus, but not required.
• Familiarity with Cocoa and Objective-C is a plus, but not required.
• Previous work on an open-source project is a plus, but not required.
How To Apply
To apply, please send applications to:
swift-team-apply at group dot apple dot com
When applying, please include:
• Brief statement about yourself and how you see a potential mutual fit with the team (e.g., interests, background, etc.).
• Resume in Text or PDF form.
More information about the cfe-dev