[cfe-dev] Does clang now emit [abi:cxx11] unconditionally when used with libstdc++?

Maria Gottschalk via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 16 11:41:38 PDT 2016

My two cents: clang already knows the exact version of gcc from which it borrows libstdc++, because it sorts available gcc's by version number to pick the one with the highest number. Then:

If major version < 5: never emit abi tags.

If major version >=5: emit abi tags if requested with __attribute ((__abi_tag__ ("..."))).

This on the assumption that there is something to fix. Richard said there isn't. I wouldn't know.

M.