[cfe-dev] Dealing with parse errors with Python bindings of libclang

Jonathan Coe via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Aug 13 15:45:24 PDT 2016

> On 13 Aug 2016, at 22:33, Ethan Smith via cfe-dev <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
> Thanks for your reply vedant,
>
> I think I might work on a patch. It seems if I use clang_createTranslationUnitFromSourceFile, I can pass the return as the TranslationUnit parameter for clang_parseTranslationUnit2. After a bit of fiddling, I found that I needed to make my own enum wrapper for CXErrorCode (where should I place the code for this? In cindex near the "Exception Classes" section?), and now I can get the correct return code.
>
> I was thinking of giving the CXErrorCode in the TranslationUnitLoadError given. (Eg,  "clang.cindex.TranslationUnitLoadError: Error parsing translation unit:  CXError_InvalidArguments")
>
> Also, since this moves to clang_parseTranslationUnit2, and there are no other references to the it, should I comment out clang_parseTranslationUnit? Or leave it in?
>
> Also, I should submit this fix once I hear back on the above as a Github PR, correct?

I think that GitHub is just a mirror of an SVN repository. I've submitted any patches to LLVM/Clang on Phabricator

http://llvm.org/docs/Phabricator.html

If you look at recent changes to the clang bindings in the history then you can find people who might be able to review your (very welcome) changes.

Regards

Jon