[cfe-dev] clang-refactoring tool proposal

Richard via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 10 12:05:49 PDT 2016

[Please reply *only* to the list and do not include my email directly
in the To: or Cc: of your reply; otherwise I will not see your reply.
Thanks.]

In article <CADzimdB7gFyZadkE=9-Z7TxWAAmjSUAKdd_+nqeM=o803-0mOg at mail.gmail.com>,
    Kirill Bobyrev via cfe-dev <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> writes:

> My proposed solution is to create clang-refactor tool, which would be an
> ``umbrella'' for other refactoring modules. A prototype of clang-refactor
> would merge clang-rename inside of it and other modules and refactorings
> would be added later.

Sounds good to me.  I've been adding refactoring tooling to
clang-tidy because that's where I was told it should go.  You might
want to see about adding a mechanism to consume clang-tidy checks
into your refactoring tool.

You should consult my refactoring test suite:
<https://github.com/legalizeadulthood/refactor-test-suite>

It has ~100 test cases for rename alone.