[cfe-dev] Issue when Generating a Namespace-qualified TemplateSpecializationType

scott constable via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 3 09:27:29 PDT 2016

UPDATE: I still haven't figured out the issue with the
getCanonicalTemplateSpecializationType() API, but I have found another API
which does the job just fine. What I do is the following:

void *InsertPos;
ClassTemplateSpecializationDecl *TD =
MyClassTemplateDecl->findSpecialization(Args, InsertPos);
if (!TD) {
  TD = ClassTemplateSpecializationDecl::Create(...);
  MyClassTemplateDecl->AddSpecialization(TD, InsertPos);
}

QualType FullyQualTemplateType(TD->getTypeForDecl());

Indeed, the FullyQualTemplateType includes the namespace(s) in which
MyClassTemplateDecl was declared. So in the example above, it is the type
"foo::bar<int>".