[cfe-dev] Help with libTooling

Mikhail Ramalho via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Apr 26 03:46:06 PDT 2016

Hi Barbara,

We're using libTooling in a project and, after a few tries, the minimum
libs required that we found was:

-lclangTooling -lclangDriver -lclangFrontend -lclangParse
-lclangSerialization -lclangSema -lclangAnalysis -lclangEdit -lclangLex
-lclangAST -lclangBasic *-lLLVMBitReader -lLLVMOption -lLLVMMC
-lLLVMMCParser -lLLVMSupport*

The bold part you can get from `llvm-config --libs mcparser option
bitreader` (it will actually return them + -lLLVMCore, which increases our
static binary by ~9MB). We also append `llvm-config --system-libs`, for
llvm's dependencies.

For clang libs, you'll have to write them by yourself as there is no way to
request them from the system/pkgconfig (please, someone correct me if I'm
wrong).

If you use autotools in your project, I can provide the m4 scripts to find
those libraries.

Thank you,

> On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 3:10 PM, Russell Wallace via cfe-dev
> <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> >
> > How did you get LLVM to build with MinGW? I get an error message when I
> try cmake -G "MinGW Makefiles"
> >

> "cmake --help" will list all available generators. You might need to use
>
> cmake -G "Unix Makefiles"
>
> even on MinGW
>

> Csaba
> --
> GCS a+ e++ d- C++ ULS$ L+$ !E- W++ P+++$ w++$ tv+ b++ DI D++ 5++
> The Tao of math: The numbers you can count are not the real numbers.
> Life is complex, with real and imaginary parts.
> "Ok, it boots. Which means it must be bug-free and perfect. " -- Linus
> Torvalds
> "People disagree with me. I just ignore them." -- Linus Torvalds

Mikhail Ramalho.