[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] [RFC] remove the llvm.expect intrinsic

Xinliang David Li via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Apr 22 14:49:05 PDT 2016

Your patch does make the handling of __builtin_unpredictable and
__builtin_expect 'unified' in some way.

However given the point brought up by Reid, and the rationale by Richard,
as well as consideration of the easiness for enhancement in the future, I
think keep the current mechanism is a better approach.

The test cases from Richard are broken with current lowering, but it is
just bugs to be fixed.

David