[cfe-dev] 3.8.1 Release Schedule

Tom Stellard via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Apr 22 08:29:39 PDT 2016

Hi,

It's about time to start thinking about the 3.8.1 release.  Here
is a proposed release schedule:

May 25 - Deadline to request a change be merged to the 3.8 branch.
June 1 - Deadline to merge changes to the 3.8 branch.
June 1 - 3.8.1-rc1
June 8 - 3.8.1-rc2 (if necessary)
June 15 - 3.8.1 Release

If you want a patch included in the 3.8.1 release, send an email
to llvm-commits with the subject: "3.8 Merge Request: r123456".
Make sure to cc me and the code owner.  Once you get approval from
the code owner and me, then you can merge the patch to the 3.8 branch.
If you don't have commit access or are unable to commit the patch, let
me know.

For the 3.7.1 release, I encouraged people to make stable patch requests using
phabricator's audit tool.  This did not work out as well as I had hoped,
so I would prefer if people made requests via email.  However, I will
still accept merge requests via audit.

As always, we need release testers.  If you are interested, send me an
email with the platform you can test and also subscribe to the
release-testers mailing list: