[cfe-dev] gpucc breaks cuda 7.0.28/7_CUDALibraries/simpleCUFFT

Peter Steinbach via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Apr 6 01:41:51 PDT 2016

Hi Jingyue,

as I said, it's 7_CUDALibraries/simpleCUFFT from the nvidia SDK. I'll
attach a tarball with the code and the llvm makefile, dubbed Makefile.llvm.

Just unpack the tarball and call the added Makefile
$ tar xf clang-simpleCUFFT.tgz
$ make -C clang-simpleCUFFT/7_CUDALibraries/simpleCUFFT/ -f Makefile.llvm
$ ./clang-simpleCUFFT/7_CUDALibraries/simpleCUFFT/simpleCUFFT.llvm
simpleCUFFT.cu(132) : getLastCudaError() CUDA error : Kernel execution
failed [ ComplexPointwiseMulAndScale ] : (8) invalid device function.

The problem is reproducible for Fermi and Kepler. ( I am using cuda 7.0
runtime libraries )

Thanks!
Peter