[cfe-dev] Best low (no?) prerequisite user-directory install method for Clang/libc++?

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 24 12:36:14 PDT 2015

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 10:36 AM, mats petersson via cfe-dev <
cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> It does look like the prebuilt binary (at least for Fedora 22) has a
> libc++ as part of the binary.
>
> --
> Mats

In prebuilt binary for Fedora , root accessible directories used , but you
can extract it into a user directory , and by using environment variables ,
you may use its binaries to compile your LLVM sources .

I think , you can do the same thing in other BSD/Linux operating systems
also ( if it does not reject to expand tar ball due to in accessible
directory use ) .
I could expand it in Fedora into a user directory .

Another step may be to use an independent computer to download and compile
LLVM sources , and copy obtained binaries to a CD/DVD/USB stick and give it
to the your workers to copy it into their own directories .

It is not necessary for everyone to download and compile LLVM one by one .

Only operating system kinds are sufficient to compile LLVM  .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk