[cfe-dev] [clang-tidy] scarce documentation and readability-identifier-naming

Alexander Kornienko via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 16 10:20:04 PDT 2015

[now with the right list address]

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 6:49 PM, Gonzalo BG <gonzalobg88 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would just do what clang does here, which is rely on -I and -isystem,
> instead of on ""/<>. This information is available in the compilation
> data-base.

Anyways, clang-tidy doesn't implement any custom logic to detect system
headers. It relies on what Clang thinks
<https://github.com/llvm-mirror/clang-tools-extra/blob/master/clang-tidy/ClangTidyDiagnosticConsumer.cpp#L367>
about
the header. If you think it has miscategorized some headers, it almost
certainly means that Clang treats the header in the same way (unless
something is wrong with the compilation database).