[cfe-dev] [clang-tidy] scarce documentation and readability-identifier-naming

Gonzalo BG via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 16 02:15:02 PDT 2015

Dear all,

I'm trying to set up clang-tidy's readability-identifier-naming for a
project but the docs of clang-tidy are in general very scarce (a couple of
example .clang-tidy files would definitely help).

In particular I cannot figure out how to set up the "CaseType" option of
the readability-identifier-naming check. Any Ideas? I've tried

CheckOptions:
  - key:             readability-identifier-naming.CaseType
    value:           'lower_case'

without any luck.

I've also tried to dump the config using "-dump-config" to see all the
knobs clang-tidy has but after a couple of lines I get "..." which I guess
means that the rest of the options are not shown maybe because the list is
too long. Is there a way to get all the options of all the checks
clang-tidy has?

Best regards,
Gonzalo