[cfe-dev] LLVM build, CMAKE Message, 3.8.0

Keith Smith via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 7 05:42:38 PDT 2015

I just got the latest sources from http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/xxxx/trunk

[Shell script below]

I then built LLVM using CMAKE and without OCAML.

My version of cmake is 3.3.1. I did built it myself.

I get the following. Thought the list should know.

Keith smith

 ./clangcmake.sh
-- Target triple: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
-- Native target architecture is X86
-- Threads enabled.
-- Doxygen disabled.
-- Sphinx disabled.
-- Go bindings disabled.
-- OCaml bindings disabled, need ctypes >=0.4.
-- Building with -fPIC
-- Constructing LLVMBuild project information
-- Targeting X86
-- Compiler-RT supported architectures: x86_64
-- Clang version: 3.8.0
CMake Warning (dev) at cmake/modules/AddLLVM.cmake:5 (get_property):
  Policy CMP0051 is not set: List TARGET_OBJECTS in SOURCES target property.
  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0051" for policy details.  Use the cmake_policy
  command to set the policy and suppress this warning.

  Target "clang-tblgen" contains $<TARGET_OBJECTS> generator expression in
  its sources list.  This content was not previously part of the SOURCES
  property when that property was read at configure time.  Code reading that
  property needs to be adapted to ignore the generator expression using the
  string(GENEX_STRIP) command.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake/modules/AddLLVM.cmake:600 (llvm_update_compile_flags)
  cmake/modules/AddLLVM.cmake:680 (add_llvm_executable)
  cmake/modules/TableGen.cmake:82 (add_llvm_utility)
  tools/clang/utils/TableGen/CMakeLists.txt:3 (add_tablegen)
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

-- Configuring done
-- Generating done

================================
Shell script to get LLVM source

#!/bin/sh
# Shell script to get llvm and clang source
#
# See http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html#getting-started-quickly-a-summary
#
# This script is run from the parent directory where
#   you want the 'llvm' tree to start.

# Checkout LLVM
# Change directory to where you want the llvm directory placed.
svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk llvm

# Checkout Clang:
cd llvm/tools
svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/cfe/trunk clang
cd ../..

# Checkout Compiler-RT:
cd llvm/projects
svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/compiler-rt/trunk compiler-rt
cd ../..

# Checkout libcxx and libcxxabi [Optional]:
cd llvm/projects
svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/libcxx/trunk libcxx
svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/libcxxabi/trunk libcxxabi
cd ../..

# Checkout extra Clang Tools [Optional]:
#   This gets the source for scan-view and scan-build
cd llvm/tools/clang/tools
svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/clang-tools-extra/trunk extra